1. Which British family firm created the first chocolate Easter egg in 1873?
2. What is the name of the Russian jewellery firm that made the world’s most valuable eggs?
3. What is the name of the fruit and marzipan cake that is traditionally eaten during the Easter period?
4. What is the name of the confectionery product that Lindt has produced every year since 1952?
The ‘gold bunny’
5. Who plays Hannah Brown in the 1948 musical film Easter Parade?
6. Who directed the 2004 film, ‘The Passion of the Christ’?
7. When, and at what event, was the date of Easter fixed as the first Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox?
325, at the Council of Nicaea
8. In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Saturday before Palm Sunday is named after which biblical character?
9. What are the names of the special feast that starts the Jewish Passover and of the text that is read at it?
10. To which country does Easter Island belong?
11. Whose advice did Pilate ignore?
His wife’s (Matthew 27:19)
12. Who put Jesus’ body in the tomb after His crucifixion?
Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus (Matthew 27:57-61)
13. Approximately how far was Emmaus from Jerusalem?
Sixty stadia, about 7 miles (Luke 24:13)
14. According to the gospels, what was the first word Jesus spoke after His resurrection?
‘Mary’ (John 20:16)
15. What was ‘doubting’ Thomas’ other name?
Didymus (John 20:24)